Department of Biomedical Engineering
- Ph.D. Biomedical Engineering, University of Michigan, 2012.
- M.S. Biomedical Engineering, University of Michigan, 2009.
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC), 2007.
- Polymerization and surface modification
- Bimolecular interactions with synthetic surfaces
- Summer Intern, Medtronic, 2007 & 2008
- Mechanical Engineering Research Intern, UMBC, 2005-2007
- Summer Intern, Guidant Corporation, 2006
- Summer Intern, Johns Hopkins University, 2005
- Whitaker International Scholar, 2012
- Rackham Predoctoral Fellowship, 2012
- Marian Sarah Parker Prize-Graduate, College of Engineering 2012
- Richard and Eleanor Towner Prize for Distinguished Academic Achievement in Biomedical Engineering 2012
- Gordon Research Conference Travel Award 2011
- Microfluidics Best Seminar Speaker 2010-2011
- NIH Fellowship, Microfluidics in the Biomedical Sciences Training Program 2009-2011
- Rackham Fellowship, 2007-2008
- GEM Fellowship, 2007-2008
- Meyerhoff Scholarship (UMBC), 2002-2007
- MARC U*Star Scholar (UMBC), 2004-2006
- Member of Tau Beta Pi
- Member of Golden Key International Honor Society
- Member of Omicron Delta Kappa
- A. M. Ross and J. Lahann, "Current Trends and Challenges in Biointerfaces Science and Engineering", Annu Rev Chem Biomol Eng, (2015) 6, 161-186.
- A. Ross, H. Durmaz, K. Cheng, X. P. Deng, Y. W. Liu, J. Oh, Z. Chen and J. Lahann, "Selective and Reversible Binding of Thiol-Functionalized Biomolecules on Polymers Prepared via Chemical Vapor Deposition Polymerization", Langmuir, (2015) 31(18), 5123-5129.
- Y. Elkasabi, A. M. Ross, J. Oh, M. P. Hoepfner, H. S. Fogler, J. Lahann, P. H. Krebsbach, "Design Strategies for Reduced-scale Surface Composition Gradients via CVD Copolymerization", Chemical Vapor Deposition, (2014) 20, 23-31.
- Florence Bally, Kenneth Cheng, Himabindu Nandivada, Xiaopei Deng, Aftin Ross, Agusti Panades, and Joerg Lahann, "Co-Immobilization of Biomolecules on Ultra-thin Reactive Chemical Vapor Deposition Coatings Using Multiple Click Chemistry Strategies", ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, (2013) 5 (19), 9262–9268.
- A. M. Ross, J. Lahann, "Surface engineering the cellular microenvironment via patterning and gradients", Journal of Polymer Science Part B: Polymer Physics, (2013), 51 (10), 775-794.
- L. G. Villa-Diaz, A. M. Ross, J. Lahann, P. H. Krebsbach, "The Evolution of Human Pluripotent Stem Cell Culture: From Feeder Cells to Synthetic Coatings", Stem Cells, (2013), 31 (1), 1-7
- A. M. Ross, H. Nandivada, A. L. Ryan, J. Lahann, "Synthetic Substrates for Long-Term Stem Cell Culture", Polymer (2012) 53 (13) 2533–2539.
- L. G. Villa-Diaz, S. E. Brown, Y. Liu, A. M. Ross, J. Lahann, J. M. Parent, P. H. Krebsbach, "Derivation of Mesenchymal Stem Cells from Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells Cultured on Synthetic Substrates", Stem Cells (2012) 30(6), 1174-81.
- A.M. Ross, Z. Jiang, M. Bastmeyer, J. Lahann, "Physical Aspects of Cell Culture Substrates: Topography, Roughness, and Elasticity", Small (2012) 8(3), 336-355.
- H. Ryou, N. Amin, A. Ross, N. Eidelman, D. Wang, E. Romberg, D. Arola, "Contributions of Microstructure and Chemical Composition to the Mechanical Properties of Dentin", Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Medicine (2011), 25 (5), 1127-1135.
- A. Ross, D. Zhang, X. Deng, S.L. Chang, J. Lahann "CVD-based Binding Substrates for Spatially Resolved Analysis of Protein Binding by Imaging Ellipsometry", Analytical Chemistry (2011) 83(3), 874-880.
- A. M. Ross, H. Nandivada, J. Lahann, "Switchable Surface Approaches. In Handbook of Stimuli-Responsive Polymers"; M. Urban, Ed.; Wiley NY, 2010
- H. Nandivada, A. M. Ross, J. Lahann, "Stimuli responsive monolayers for biotechnology", Progress in Polymer Science (2010) 35(1-2), 141-154.