- Ph.D. Organic Chemistry, State University of New York, Stony Brook, 2006
- M.S. Polymer Chemistry, Institute of chemistry, Chinese Academy of Science, Beijing, 1998
- B.S. Chemistry, Nankai University, Tianjin, 1995
- Design and synthesis of thiols to engineer surfaces for biomedical applications.
- Research Scientist, Research Institute of Petroleum Processing, SINOPEC, Beijing, 1998-2001
- A. Sun, J. Lahann, Dynamically Switchable Biointerfaces, Soft Matter (2009), 5, 1555 - 1561 (invited highlight)
- A. Sun, N.S. Goroff, "Study of a conjugated and iodine-capped rigid-rod polymer formed via supramolcular assembly" Manuscript in preparation.
- L. Luo, A. Sun, C. Wilhelm, C. P. Grey, J. W. Lauher, N. S. Goroff, "Poly(diiododiacetylene): A Host-guest odd-even effect and full characterization of a very simple poly(diacetylene)" submitted to JACS, 2008.
- A. Sun, J. W. Lauher, N. S. Goroff, "Preparation of poly(diiododiacetylene): an ordered conjugated polymer of carbon and iodine" Science, 2006, 312, 1030-1033.
- A. Sun, S. Han, Y. Hu, "Studies on ethylene polymerization catalyzed by MgCl2/Ti(OBu)Cl3/Et(ind)2ZrCl2" Petrochemical Technology, 2000, 29(9), 664-667.
- A. Sun, S. Han, Y. Hu, "Study on the preparation of broad molecular weight distribution polyethylene with MgCl2-supported bimetallic complex catalysts Ti(OBu)Cl3/Et(ind)2ZrCl2 and Ti(OBu)Cl3/Cp2ZrCl2" Polymer acta, 1999, 6, 748-751.