Macromolecular Science and Engineering
- Ph.D. Macromolecular Science and Engineering, University of Michigan (2020 Expected)
- B.S. Biochemistry, University of New Mexico, 2016
- Undergraduate Researcher, MARC scholar, Nanoscience and Nanomedicine Laboratory, Prof. C. Jeffrey Brinker, University of New Mexico, 2014-2016
- Undergraduate Researcher, MSRP intern, Prather Laboratory, Prof. Kristala Prather, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Summer 2015
- Undergraduate Researcher, REU student, Center for High Technology Materials, Prof. Ganesh Balakrishnan, University of New Mexico, 2013-2014
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship, 2016
- Rackham Merit Fellowship, 2016
- Maximizing Access to Research Careers Scholar, 2014-2016
- MIT Summer Research Program, 2015
- National Hispanic Scholar, 2012-2016
- 2nd place Undergraduate Oral Presentation, Biology Research Day, Albuquerque, NM, 2016
- Durfee, P. N.; Lin, Y.-S.; Dunphy, D. R.; Muñiz, A. J.; Butler, K. S.; Humphrey, K. R.; Lokke, A. J.; Agola, J. O.; Chou, S. S.; Chen, I.-M.; et al. Mesoporous Silica Nanoparticle-Supported Lipid Bilayers (Protocells) for Active Targeting and Delivery to Individual Leukemia Cells. ACS Nano 2016, 10 (9), 8325–8345.
- Renteria, E. J.; Muñiz, A. J.; Addamane, S. J.; Shima, D. M.; Hains, C. P.; Balakrishnan, G. Isolating GaSb Membranes Grown Metamorphically on GaAs Substrates Using Highly Selective Substrate Removal Etch Processes. J. Electron. Mater. 2015, 44(5), 1327–1331.
- STC Technology Ref. No. 2015-026: “CRISPR Delivery Using CAS 9 Plasmid and Reporter Plasmid” developed by C. Jeffrey Brinker, Eric C. Carnes, Yu-Shen Lin, Oscar Negrete, Carlee Erin Ashley, Ayse Muniz, Jacob Ongudi Agola, Jason Townson, Steven Branda, Joshua Santarpia, and Adrienne Celeste Greene. PCT Application No. PCT/US15/53244 filed on Sep 30, 2015.
- STC Technology Ref. No. 2016-071: “Protocell based delivery of transcriptional gene modulators” developed by Kimberly Butler, C. Jeffrey Brinker, Ayse Muniz, and Jacob Ongudi Agola. U.S. Provisional Application No. 62/316,253 filed on Mar 31, 2016.
- Outreach Initiative for the ACS Poly/PMSE University of Michigan Student Group, 2016-2017
- SACNAS Lobos President, 2015-2016