Dong Woo Lim
- Ph.D. Biomedical Engineering, Duke University, 2007
- M.S. Biomedical Engineering, Duke University, 2005
- M.S. Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, 2000
- B.S. Biochemistry, Yonsei University, 1998
- Electrified Jetting of Fuctional Nanocolloids for Biomedical Applications.
- Postdoctoral Associate, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Duke University, 2007-2008
- Senior Researcher, Drug Delivery System Team, Pharmaceutical & Health Research Institute, Amore Pacific Corporation R&D Center, 2000-2002
- Poster Award at Center for Biomolecular and Tissue Engineering (CBTE) Meeting, Duke University, 2007.
- Best Student/Post-Doc Podium Award at North Carolina Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine (NCTERM) Meeting, 2006
- Best Student Poster Award at North Carolina Tissue Engineering Interest Group (NCTEIG) Meeting, 2005
- Honorary Scholarship Award from Sukrim Academic Scholarship Society (Alumni Association of Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology), 1999
- S. Hwang, K.-H. Roh, D. W. Lim, G. Wang, C. Uher and J. Lahann, Anisotropic hybrid particles based on electrohydrodynamic co-jetting of nanoparticle suspensions, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 2010, 12, 11894-11899.
- R.G. Larson, M. Alumnà López, D. W. Lim, J. Lahann, Complex Protein Patterns in Drying Droplets, MRS Proceedings 2010 (online publication)
- D. W. Lim, S. Hwang, O. Uzun, F. Stellacci, J. Lahann, Compartmentalization of Gold Nanocrystals in Polymer Microparticles Using Electrohydrodynamic Co-jetting, Macromolecular Rapid Communications 2010 31, 176-182.
- M. Yoshida, K.-H. Roh, S. Mandal, S. Bhaskar,D. W. Lim, H. Nandivada, Xiaopei Deng, J. Lahann, Structurally controlled bio-hybrid materials based on unidirectional association of anisotropic microparticles with human endothelial cells, Advanced Materials 2009, 21, 4920–4925 (cover article).
- D. W. Lim, Alexei Valiaev, Sihai Chen, Stefan Zauscher and Ashutosh Chilkoti, "Environmental Responsive, Self-assembling Nanostructures of Elastin-like Polypeptide Triblock Copolymers", manuscript in preparation
- D. W. Lim, Sachin Talwar, Saad Khan, Lori A. Setton and Ashutosh Chilkoti, "Rheological Behavior of Elastin-like Polypeptide Block Copolymers under Physiological Conditions", manuscript in preparation
- Dominic Chow, Michelle Nunalee, Andrew Simnick, D. W. Lim, and Ashutosh Chilkoti, "Peptide-based Biopolymers in Biomedical Sciences and Biointerface Engineering", To be submitted to Materials Science and Engineering R: Reports, 2008
- Alexei Valiaev, D. W. Lim, Robert L. Clark, Ashutosh Chilkoti and Stephan Zauscher, "Conformational Mechanics of Elastin-like polypeptides", Journal of American Chemical Society, in review, 2008
- D. W. Lim, Dana L. Nettles, Lori A. Setton and Ashutosh Chilkoti, "In-situ Crosslinking of Elastin-like Polypeptide Block Copolymers for Tissue Repair", Biomacromolecules, 9, 222-230, 2008
- D. W. Lim, Kimberly Trabbic-Carlson, J. Andrew MacKay and Ashutosh Chilkoti, "Improved Non-chromatographic Purification of a Recombinant Protein by Cationic Elastin-like Polypeptides", Biomacromolecules, 8, 1417-1424, 2007
- D. W. Lim, Dana L. Nettles, Lori A. Setton and Ashutosh Chilkoti, "Rapid Crosslinking of Elastin-like Polypeptides with Hydroxymethylphosphines in Aqueous Solution", Biomacromolecules, 8, 1463-1470, 2007
- Andrew J. Simnick, D. W. Lim, Dominic Chow, and Ashutosh Chilkoti, "Biomedical and Biotechnological Applications of Elastin-like Polypeptides", Polymer reviews, 47, 121-154, 2007
- Alexei Valiaev, D. W. Lim, Terrence G. Oas, Ashutosh Chilkoti and Stefan Zauscher, "Force-induced Prolyl Cis-Trans Isomerization in Elastin-like Polypeptides", Journal of American Chemical Society, 129, 6491-6497, 2007
- Alexei Valiaev, Nehal Abu-Lail, D. W. Lim, Ashutosh Chilkoti and Stephan Zauscher, "Micro-Cantilever Sensing and Actuation with End-Grafted Stimulus-Responsive Elastin-like Polypeptides", Langmuir, 23, 339-344, 2007
- Alexei Valiaev, D. W. Lim Ashutosh Chilkoti, Scott Schmidler, Stephan Zauscher, "Polypeptide-Solvent Interactions Measured by Single Molecule Force Microscopy", in: Mechanical Behavior of Biological and Biomimetic Materials, Material Research Society (MRS) Proceedings, vol. 898E, 2006
- Nehal Abu-Lail, Marian Kaholek, Alexei Valiaev, D. W. Lim, Ashutosh Chilkoti, Bruce LaMattina, Robert Clark and Stefan Zauscher, "Micro-Cantilevers Decorated with Tethered Stimulus-Responsive Polymer Brushes and Polypeptides for Actuation and Sensing", PMSE Preprints, 94, 792-793, 2006
- Shin R. Ong, Kimberly Trabbic-Carlson, Dana L. Nettles, D. W. Lim, Ashutosh Chilkoti and Lori A. Setton, "Epitope Tagging for Tracking Elastin-like Polypeptides", Biomaterials, 27, 1930-1935, 2006
- Alexei Valiaev, Nehal Abu-Lail, D. W. Lim, Ashutosh Chilkoti and Stephan Zauscher, "Stimulus-Responsive Elastin-like Polypeptides as coatings for microcantilevers: Applications for Sensing and Actuation", Polymer Preprints, 46(2), 1292-1293, 2005
- Ji Hoon Jeong, Soon Ho Song, D. W. Lim, Haeshin Lee, Tae Gwan Park, "DNA Transfection using Linear Poly(ethylenimine) Prepared by Controlled Acid Hydrolysis of Poly(2-ethyl-2-oxazoline)", Journal of Controlled Release, 73, 391-399, 2001
- D. W. Lim, Young Il Yeom, Tae Gwan Park, "Poly(DMAEMA-NVP)-b-PEG-galactose as an In Vitro Gene Delivery Vector for Hepatocytes" Bioconjugate Chemistry, 5, 688-695, 2000
- D. W. Lim and Tae Gwan Park, "Poly(DMAEMA-NVP)-b-PEG-galactose as an In Vitro Gene Delivery Vector for Hepatocytes", Polymer Preprints, 41(1), 1008-1009, 2000
- D. W. Lim, Seung Ho Choi, Tae Gwan Park, "A New Class Biodegradable Hydrogels Stereocomplexed between Enantiomeric poly lactide side chains in Graft Copolymers, poly(HEMA-g-LA)s", Macromolecular Rapid Communications, 21, 464-471, 2000
- D. W. Lim and Tae Gwan Park, "Stereocomplex Formation between Enantiomeric PLA-PEG-PLA Triblock Copolymers: Characterization and Use as Protein Delivery Microparticulate Carriers", Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 75, 1615-1623, 2000
- Ji Hoon Jeong, D. W. Lim, Dong Keun Han and Tae Gwan Park "Synthesis, Characterization, and Protein Adsorption Behaviors of PLGA/PEG Di-block Copolymer Blend Films", Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 18, 371-379, 2000