- Ph.D. Department of Chemistry, Istanbul Technical University, Institute of Science and Technology, Istanbul, Turkey, 2011-Current.
- M.Sc. Department of Chemistry, Istanbul Technical University, Institute of Science and Technology, Istanbul, Turkey, 2008-2011.
- B.Sc. Department of Chemistry, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey, 2003-2007.
- Nanocomposite Materials.
- 2011-2014 Research and Teaching Assistant, Istanbul Kultur University, Faculy of Engineering, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2009-2011 Project Assistant, The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK), Project Number and Title: 107M126, Design and Development of Nanocomposite Structured Multi-Functional Technical Textiles.
- Emel Onder, Nihal Sarier, Gokcen Ukuser, Mehmet Ozturk, Refik Arat, “Ultrasound assisted solvent free intercalation of montmorillonite with PEG1000: A new type of organoclay with improved thermal properties”, Thermochimica Acta, 566, 24-35, 2013. ISSN 0040-6031,http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.tca.2013.05.021.
- Nihal Sarier, Gokcen Ukuser, Serap Ozay, Refik Arat, “Biodegradable Pectin Based Agrotextiles”, The International Istanbul Textile Congress 2013, Istanbul-Turkey, May 30-June 1, 2013.
- Nihal Sarier, Serap Ozay, Gokcen Ukuser, Refik Arat, “A Biomimetic Application: Manufacturing of Super-hydrophobic Cotton Fabrics and Their Surface Properties”, The International Istanbul Textile Congress 2013, Istanbul-Turkey, May 30-June 1, 2013.
- G. Esiyok Ukuser, O. L. Uyanik, N. Uyanik, “Preparation of Crosslinked Polyvinylpyrrolidone Nanocomposites and Investigation of Their Adsorption Kinetics”, 15th European Conference on Composite Materials, Venice-Italy. June 24-28, 2012.