Department of Macromolecular Science and Engineering
- Ph.D. Macromolecular Science and Engineering, University of Michigan, 2008
- M.S. Fiber and Polymer Science, Seoul National University, 2000
- B.S. Fiber and Polymer Science, Seoul National University, 1998
- Development of electrified co-jetting processes for fabrication of multiphasic nanocolloids
- Applications of functional nanocolloids
- Research Scientist, Korea Institute of Science and Technology, 2002-2003
- Sergeant, Korean Army, 2000-2002
- Excellence in Graduate Research Symposium Award, Division of Polymer Chemistry of American Chemical Society, March 2007
- Charles G. Overberger Award, the most prestigious award presented by the Department in recognition of outstanding graduate research, Macromolecular Science and Engineering, University of Michigan, October 2006
- Distinguished Achievement Award, College of Engineering, University of Michigan, March 2006
- Academic Excellence Award sponsored by National Starch and Chemical Corporation, Macromolecular Science and Engineering, University of Michigan, October 2004
- Il-Ju Academic Foundation Overseas Graduate Fellowship, Korea, August 2003
- S. Hwang, K. H. Roh, D. W. Lim, G. Wang, C. Uher and J. Lahann, Anisotropic hybrid particles based on electrohydrodynamic co-jetting of nanoparticle suspensions, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. (2010), 12, 11894-11899.
- M. Yoshida, K. H. Roh, S. Mandal, S. Bhaskar, D. Lim, H. Nandivada, Xiaopei Deng, J. Lahann, Structurally controlled bio-hybrid materials based on unidirectional association of anisotropic microparticles with human endothelial cells, Advanced Materials (2009), 21, 4920–4925 (cover article).
- S. Bhaskar, K. H. Roh, X. Jiang, G. A. L. Baker, J. Lahann, Spatioselective Modification of Bicompartmental Polymer Particles and Fibers via Huisgen 1,3-Dipolar Cycloaddition, Macromolecular Rapid Communications (2008), 29, 1655-1660.
- K. H. Roh, J. Lahann. "Water-stable Biphasic Nanocolloids with Potential Use as Anisotropic Imaging Probes" Langmuir (2007) 23, 5683.
- K. H. Roh, M. Yoshida, J. Lahann, Compartmentalized, Multiphasic Nanocolloids with Potential Applications in Drug Delivery and Biomedical Imaging, Materialwissenshaften und Werkstofftechnik (2007), 38, 1008-1011 (invited contribution).
- K. H. Roh, J. Lahann, Anisotropic encapsulation of supermagentic nanocrystals in polymeric biphasic nanocolloids, Polymer Preprints (2007), 48, 209-210.
- M. Yoshida, K. H. Roh, J. Lahann. "Short-term Biocompatibility of Biphasic Nanoparticles with Potential Use as Anisotropic Imaging Probes"Biomaterials (2007) 28, 2446.
- K. H. Roh, D. C. Martin, J. Lahann. "Triphasic Nanocolloids" Journal of the American Chemical Socieity (2006) 128, 6796.
- K. H. Roh, D.C. Martin, J. Lahann, Multiphasic nanocolloids based on electrified co-jetting, PMSE Preprints (2006), 95, 987-988.
- K. H. Roh, J. Lahann, Thermal imidazation combined with electrified co-jetting for the synthesis of water stable biphasic nanocolloids, Polymer Preprints (2006), 47, 1093.
- K. H. Roh, D. C. Martin, J. Lahann. "Biphasic Janus Particles with Nanoscale Anisotropy" Nature Materials (2005) 4, 759.
- B. C. Cho et al. "The effect of Chitosan Bead Encapsulating Calcium Sulfate as an Injectable Bone Substitute on Consolidation in the Mandibular Distraction Osteogenesis of a Dog Model" Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (2005) 63, 1753.
- B. C. Cho et al. "Effect of Calcium Sulfate-Chitosan Composite: Pellet on Bone Formation in Bone Defect" Journal of Craniofacial Surgery (2005) 16, 213.
- I. H. Lee et al. "Stable Paclitaxel Formulation in Oily Contrast Medium" Journal of Controlled Release (2005) 102, 415.
- B. C. Cho et al. "The Bone Regenerative Effect of Chitosan Microsphere-Encapsulated Growth Hormone on Bony Consolidation in Madibular Distraction Osteogenesis in a Dog Model " Journal of Craniofacial Surgery (2004) 15, 299.