- Ph.D. Biomedical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology & Emory University, 2005
- M.S. Biomedical Engineering, University of Michigan, 1998
- B.S.E. Chemical Engineering, University of Michigan, 1997
- Biological and biomedical applications of enabling surface engineering and nanotechnologies
- University of Michigan, NIH Tissue Engineering and Regeneration Training Grant Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, 2007-present
- The Chancellor's List, 2005-2006
- Georgia Institute of Technology, Biomedical Engineering, George Fellowship, 2004-2005
- Georgia Institute of Technology, President's Fellowship, 2000-2004
- Omega Chi Epsilon - National Chemical Engineering Honor Society, 1997-1998
- University of Michigan, Initiative in Biomolecular Recognition Research Fellowship (declined due to overlap), 1997
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute/ Kellogg Foundation Summer Biomedical Research Fellowship, 1997
- American Digestive Health Foundation/ American Gastroenterological Association Student Research Fellowship, 1996
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute Summer Research Fellowship Award (declined due to overlap) 1996
- Associate Scientist, Pfizer Global Research and Development, 1998-2000
- Summer Intern, Parke-Davis Pharmaceutical Research, 1998
- S. Bhaskar, C.T. Gibson, M. Yoshida, H. Nandivada, X. Deng, N.H. Voelcker, J. Lahann, Engineering, characterization and directional self-assembly of anisotropically modified nanocolloids, Small (2011) (online publication).
- S. Bhaskar, K.M. Pollock, M. Yoshida, J. Lahann, Towards Designer Microparticles: Simultaneous Control of Anisotropy, Shape, and Size, Small(2010), 6, 404–411 (cover article)
- M. Yoshida, K.-H. Roh, S. Mandal, S. Bhaskar, D. Lim, H. Nandivada, Xiaopei Deng, J. Lahann, Structurally controlled bio-hybrid materials based on unidirectional association of anisotropic microparticles with human endothelial cells, Advanced Materials (2009), 21, 4920–4925 (cover article).
- X. Jiang, H.-Y.Chen, G. Galvan, M. Yoshida, J. Lahann. "Vapor-based initiator coatings for atom transfer radical polymerization" Advanced Functional Materials, (2008), 18, 27-35.
- H. Nandivada, X. Jiang, A. Panades, A. Bourke, M. Yoshida, H.Y. Chen, J. Lahann, Bioimmobilization using Huisgen [1.3]-dipolar cycloaddition on vapor-based coatings, Polymer Preprints (2008).
- H.Y. Chen, X. Jiang, M. Yoshida, J. Lahann, Spatially controlled engineering of biointerfaces via functionalized poly-p-xylylenes Polymer Preprints(2008).
- Y. Elkasabi, M. Yoshida, J. Lahann, Multifunctional biomedical coatings via chemical vapor deposition co-polymerization of [2.2]paracyclophanes,Polymer Preprints (2008).
- M. Yoshida, J. Lahann, Smart Nanomaterials, ACS Nano (2008), 6, 1101-1107 (Invited Perspective).
- Y. Elksabi, M. Yoshida, H. Nandivada, H.Y. Chen, J. Lahann, Feature Article: Towards Multipotent Coatings: Chemical Vapor Deposition and Biofunctionalization of Carbonyl-Substituted Co-polymers, Macromolecular Rapid Communications (2008), 29, 855-870 (Feature Article).
- M. Yoshida, J. Lahann. "Surface Engineering of Microfluidic Devices Using Reactive Polymer Coatings" Biological Applications of Microfluidics Ed. Frank Gomez. Wiley-Interscience, In Press, 2007.
- M. Yoshida, K.-H. Roh, J. Lahann. "Short-term biocompatibility of biphasic nanocolloids with potential use as anisotropic imaging probes"Biomaterials (2007) 28, 2446-2456.
- K.-H. Roh, M. Yoshida, J. Lahann. "Water-stable biphasic nanocolloids with potential use as anisotropic imaging probes" Langmuir (2007) 23, 5683-5688.
- K.H. Roh, M. Yoshida, J. Lahann, Compartmentalized, Multiphasic Nanocolloids with Potential Applications in Drug Delivery and Biomedical Imaging, Materialwissenshaften und Werkstofftechnik (2007), 38, 1008-1011 (invited contribution).
- M. Yoshida, J. Mata, J.E. Babensee. "Effect of poly(lactic-co-glycolic acid) contact on maturation of murine bone marrow-derived dendritic cells"Journal of Biomedical Materials Research (2007) 80, 7-12.
- M. Yoshida, J.E. Babensee. "Differential effect of agarose and poly(lactic-co-glycolic acid) on dendritic cell maturation" Journal of Biomedical Materials Research (2006) 79, 393-408.
- M. Yoshida, R. Langer, A. Lendlein, J. Lahann. "From advanced biomedical coatings to multi-functionalized biomaterials" Polymer Reviews (2006) 46, 347-375.
- M. Yoshida, J.E. Babensee. "Molecular aspects of microparticle phagocytosis by dendritic cells" Journal of Biomaterials Science. Polymer edition(2006) 17, 893-907.
- M. Yoshida, J.E. Babensee. "Poly(lactic-co-glycolic acid) enhances dendritic cell maturation" Journal of Biomedical Materials Research (2004) 71, 45-54.
- M. Yoshida, J.A. Loo, R.A. Lepley. "Proteomics as a tool in the pharmaceutical drug design process" Current Pharmaceutical Design (2001) 7, 291-310.
- G.E. Groblewski, M. Yoshida, M.J. Bragado, S.A Ernst, J. Leykam, J.A. Williams. "Purification and Characterization of a Novel Physiological Substrate for Calcineurin in Mammalian Cells" Journal of Biological Chemistry (1998) 273, 22738-22744.
- G.E. Groblewski, M.J. Wishart, M. Yoshida, J.A. Williams. "Purification and Identification of a 28-kDa Calcium regulated Heat-stable Protein"Journal of Biological Chemistry 1996, 271, 31502-31507.
- G.E. Groblewski, M. Yoshida, H. Yao, J.A. Williams, S.A. Ernst. "Immunolocalization of CRHSP-28 in Exocrine Digestive Glands and Gastrointestinal Tissues of the Rat" American Journal of Physiology (1999) 276, G219-G226.