Department of Chemical Engineering
- Ph.D. Chemical Engineering, University of Michigan, 2018 (Expected)
- M.S.E. Chemical Engineering, University of Michigan, 2014.
- B.S.E. Chemical Engineering, BITS Pilani (Honors), India, 2009.
- Surface-initiated polymerization
- Biomimetic polymer brushes
- Interfacial engineering
- Interfacial Thermodynamics
- Statistical modeling in materials discovery and optimization
- Bally-Le Gal, F., Hussal,C., Kramer, J.J.P., Cheng,K.C.,Kumar, R., Eyster,T., Trouillet,V., Nieger,M.,Brase,S.,& Lahann,J. (2017) Polylutidines: Multifunctional surfaces via vapor-based polymerization of functional pyridinophanes. Chemistry: A European Journal, Accepted.
- Kumar, R., Kopyeva,I., Cheng,K.C., Liu,K. & Lahann,J. (2017). Examining Interfacial Kinetics on Electrostatically Heterogeneous Surfaces using -potential Measurements. Langmuir, DOI:10.1021/acs.langmuir.7b01553.
- Konig, M., Kumar, R., Hussal,C., Biscarat,J., Barner, L.,Schafer, A. & Lahann,J. (2016). pH- Responsive Aminomethyl Functionalized Poly(p-xylylene) Coatings by Chemical Vapor Deposition Polymerization Macromolecular Chemistry & Physics, DOI: 10.1002/macp.201600521.
- Kumar, R .& Lahann,J. (2016). Predictive Model for the Design of Zwitterionic Polymer Brushes:A Statistical Design of Experiments Approach. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 8 (26), 16595-16603.
- Qian, X., Villa-Diaz, L. G., Kumar, R., Lahann, J., & Krebsbach, P. H. (2014). Enhancement of the propagation of human embryonic stem cells by modi.cations in the gel architecture of PMEDSAH polymer coatings. Biomaterials, 35(36), 958190.
- Poster award, Second Place, Material Science & Engineering session, Engineering Graduate Symposium, 2016, University of Michigan.
- Procter & Gamble Team Innovation Award, 2016, 40th Annual Macro Symposium, Department of Macromolecular Science & Engineering, University of Michigan.
- Richard & Eleanor Towner Prize for outstanding Graduate Student Instructor (GSI), 2016, University of Michigan.
- Poster award, First Place, Material & Chemical Technology session,Engineering Graduate Symposium, 2014, University of Michigan.
- Selected to receive a fellowship for incoming students from Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Michigan, September-December 2012.
- Monali Dey Memorial Award, BITS Pilani, December 2008, alumni memorial award for the most outstanding chemical engineering undergraduate in a graduating class.
- Rackham Predoctoral Fellowship, 2017-18, University of Michigan.