- Ph.D. Chemical Engineering, University of Michigan, 2007
- M.S.E. Chemical Engineering, University of Michigan, 2003
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, University of Pune, India, 2000
- Immobilization of bioactive peptides on mutiphasic nanoparticles and nanofibers for biomedical applications.
- Publication in Biotechnology Progress was the most-accessed article published in ACS journals. 2007
- Second place in annual poster contest at University of Michigan, Chemical Engineering Department. 2006
- M. Yoshida, K-H. Roh, S. Mandal, S. Bhaskar, D. W. Lim, H. Nandivada, X. Deng, J. Lahann, "Structurally Controlled Bio-hybrid Materials Based onUnidirectional Association of Anisotropic Microparticles with Human Endothelial Cells", Advanced Materials (2009) 21(48), 4920-4925.
- S. Mandal, S. Bhaskar, J. Lahann, "Micropatterned Fiber Scaffolds forSpatially-Controlled Cell Adhesion", Macromolecular Rapid Communications (2009) 131(19), 6650-6651.
- S. Mandal, K. Lee, J. Kim, E. Gulari, Peptide based sensor device for detection of prostate specific antigen, in preparation for JACS.
- S. Mandal, J. M. Rouillard, O. Srivannavit, E. Gulari, Cytophobic surface modification of microfluidic arrays for in situ parallel peptide synthesis and cell adhesion assays. Biotechnology Progress (2007), 23(4), 972-978.